If you don’t like the ghetto and you don’t like prep, you might want to mix the two together. Urban Dictionary defines a ghetto setting as a style of clothing rather than an attitude. It’s true that you can’t act like a ghetto and a brought-up at the same time, but you can dress like one. It sounds jarring, as urbanites and people who live in the ghetto sometimes seem like complete opposites, but if you match the outfits right, you can look cool without being accused of being ghetto or ghetto. Mixing these two together is actually a lot easier than it might seem, you just have to know where to start. Just follow these steps and you can dress like your ghetto prep outfit.
1. When picking out clothes, make sure they are mainly colored. If your clothes are colorful, you might be mistaken for a scene or emo. When buying name brands, you should definitely consider Hollister, Baby Phat, Southpole, and Ambercrombie and Fitch.
2. Girls should stick to mostly skinny jeans. Guys, wear baggy jeans and shorts that fall a little below your waist. If it starts to wobble like a penguin that’s a good sign that you’re wearing it low. Guys and girls can wear plaid shorts, they are more ready for guys and ghetto tom girls for girls.
3. For shoes, you should definitely invest in some Jordans or Nike shoes. These work whether you are a guy or a girl.
4. Girls should wear their hair in a ponytail or straighten it. Men need to keep the cut short and clean. Keep your face looking fresh by shaving your facial hair and making sure your eyebrows aren’t bushy.
5. Men should try to get their hands on a gold chain, or at least fake gold. Girls have a lot of choices when it comes to jewelry. Hoop earrings, Monroe piercings, and oversized, intrusive necklaces. You just have to try on the jewelry until you get the look right, and what looks good on some people doesn’t look good on others.
6. If you really want to sound like a ghetto live setting, you need a ghetto prep situation. Ghetto prep has the qualities of both prep and ghetto people. Some features may be; Nice, firm and available. You have to be a good person, but you have to be able to hold your own when necessary. You should be able to have fun all the time and be fun to be around. You should also consider joining basketball, track, or soccer. If you join more prep sports like golf or tennis, you pretty much guarantee that your image will be ruined as a ghetto prep.